The Department of Physiotherapy and Comprehensive Rehabilitation of Hayat National Hospital Group (Riyadh, Aseer, Jazan, and Qassim) is one of the most advanced departments among similar departments in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The departments are equipped with the latest medical devices in the most effective way to accomplish diagnostic and therapeutic functions. The crucial role of physiotherapy and rehabilitation cannot be overlooked because of its close association with other medical departments. It is as a branch of biomedicine, which depends on the natural, non-surgical or pharmacological ways of treatment.
Doctors in departments such as orthopedics and neurology transfer a number of cases for physiotherapy, in addition to guests and visitors to the section transferred from other hospitals.
The department provides physiotherapy services for many diseases including:
- Rehabilitation of orthopedic patients, neurology, neurosurgery and spinal cord injuries of all ages.
- Rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders such as paraplegia, quadriplegia and seventh nerve paralysis.
- Muscle weakness, muscular dystrophy disorders and peripheral neuropathy.
- Vascular and respiratory disorders.
- Rheumatological disorders: arthritis, neck and back pain.
- Sports medicine: running injuries, sprains, evaluation of exercise programs.
- Rehabilitation of cardiac patients.
The department relies on modern technological capabilities in the field of thermal, electrical, motor and physical energy treatment. It also gives visitors the maximum levels of care and attention through a specialized medical staff and qualified experts with the highest grades.
Male physiotherapists with assistants work in the men’s department, which includes treatment rooms and gymnasium, and also female physiotherapists with assistants work in the women’s department, which includes multiple treatment rooms and gymnasium.
The department employs a wide range of physical therapy equipment, such as:
- Thermodynamic devices for muscles
- Ultraviolet devices
- Stimulation currents
- Pulse wave
- Galvanic / Faradic stimulation
- A wide spectrum of fitness and weight loss programs