The use of endoscopes is one of the latest medical technologies that have made a significant shift in diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. Hayat National Hospital is one of the first hospitals to establish an Endoscopy Units. It had a positive role in the diagnosis and treatment of many diseases of the digestive system and the conduct of many successful surgeries, with impressive results that became a substitute for open surgery.
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit
It is equipped with the latest types of endoscopes from major international companies to diagnose and treat many gastrointestinal diseases. It includes endoscopy of the upper digestive system (esophagus, stomach, and the duodenum), the lower (colon), diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy of bile ducts (ERCP) as well as the presence of a smart capsule. The main services of the department are:
It is a capsule in the size of the pill, swallowed by the patient and send images for 8 hours to other device the patient holds and then delivered to the doctor to analyze the images. It can take shots in a second and used in the diagnosis of small intestine disorders which is difficult to reach the endoscope.
Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy:
Diseases of the digestive system that can be diagnosed:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute or chronic pain in the upper abdomen.
- Diagnosis and treatment of heartburn and reflux
- Diagnosis and treatment of hemoptysis.
The doctor detects the areas mentioned to rule out inflammation, bleeding, the presence of polyps, varicose veins, and tumors.
Lower gastrointestinal tract
- Acute or chronic abdominal pain
- Anal bleeding or bleeding per rectum
- Diarrhea or chronic constipation
Where the doctor detects the areas mentioned to rule out inflammation, bleeding and tumors of the colon.
Treatment of blockage of bile ducts
Early detection of tumors
Surgical Endoscopy Unit
It is one of the outstanding units and advanced therapeutic methods in the hospital that give impressive results without the need for open abdominal surgery. Only small openings in the abdominal wall is made. It is safer for the patient, faster and accurate, and also characterized by reducing hospital stay.
Diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical endoscopy for gynecological diseases
- Tumor excision
- Early detection
- hysterectomy and ectopic pregnancy treatment
- Inguinal, umbilical and diaphragmatic hernia repair
- Laparoscopic exploration
Renal and Urological Endoscopy:
- Diagnosis and treatment of all kidney and urinary tract diseases
- Stone removal and lithotripsy
- Excision of oncology and prostate tumors
- Urethral dilatation
- Diagnostic and therapeutic arthroscopy.
- Cruciate ligament operations
- Knee deformities repair and other joints.