The aim of the infection control units is to provide good patient care through monitoring, control, and prevention of infection at Hayat National Group hospitals (Riyadh, Aseer, Jazan, and Qassim). These units are responsible for monitoring and controlling infection in hospitals. There are committees called infection control committees that include representatives from clinical departments, laundry, cafeteria, central sterilization, and general hygiene. The work and activities of these units include daily tours of patients’ suites, consulting and review of hospital procedures and policies related to infection control. Particularly, introducing new hospital staff to the principles and rules of infection control and supervision of public hygiene services.
The Directorate of Health Affairs in the Region shall be informed of communicable and infectious diseases according to the forms of reports prepared for this purpose and according to the procedures and instructions thereof.
Functions of infection control units:
- Applying policies and procedures for infection control in clinics.
- Follow up the implementation of policies and procedures and raise violations.
- Monitoring and studying negative phenomena in clinics and medical departments.
- Monitoring and identifying infection spread causes and preventing future spread.
- Follow up the application of instructions related to this area.
- Reporting performance reports on infection control to quality departments in hospitals on a monthly basis.