Hematology Department in Hayat National Hospital (Riyadh, Aseer, Jazan, and Qassim) is specialized in the diagnosis, follow up, treatment of various blood diseases, as well as monitoring the effectiveness of drugs used for some cancer diseases. In addition to the laboratory tests, this section is unique in providing special patient care. The department has an elite team of consultants in the field of Hematology. They have extensive knowledge and experience in all subspecialties of hematology including blood clotting diseases, thrombosis, bleeding disorders, bone marrow transplantation, immunology, and genetic blood disease.
Medical services provided:
- Automated Blood Cell Counters:
Blood is automatically checked with the latest medical devices to identify:
- Total Blood Count (CBC).
- White Blood Cells, Red Blood Cells, and platelets are counted.
- Differential blood test.
- Reticulocytes Count.
- Test the Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR).
2- Special Hematology Laboratory:
In this laboratory, many tests are carried out, including:
- Test biopsies of bone marrow aspiration using different chemical dyes to diagnose cancerous blood diseases and to monitor the effectiveness of drugs used in the treatment.
- Tests for enzymes that cause hemolytic anemia.
- Diagnosis of different types of anemia.
- Pre-marital screening for genetic diseases.
- Test of hemoglobin S, the cause of Sickle cell disease, as well as all types of Thalassemia.
- Hemoglobin electrophoresis
Blood Coagulation Tests:
- This section studies the factors affecting clotting factors and causes bleeding or thrombosis.
- Follow-up of patients who are on anticoagulants and monitor their INR, PT, and PTT levels.
- Diagnosis, follow-up and treatment of benign blood diseases like:
– Deficiency of red blood cells and all types of anemia
– Lack of platelets(thrombocytopenia)
– Lack of white blood cells(leukopenia)
– Bleeding disorders and blood clotting diseases.
Or malignant blood diseases such as:
– Severe leukemia or leukemia.
– All kinds of Lymphomas.