This department is a unique service that cares for patients with chest diseases and respiratory diseases. We are privileged to have physicians that are highly qualified, well trained and experienced in pulmonary diseases of both adults and pediatrics. The Department of Chest Diseases at Hayat National Hospital is distinguished for its specialties for adults and children with allergy, immunology, and other chest diseases.
Diagnosis and treatment of respiratory diseases
- Asthma and allergies
- sleep apnea
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic bronchiectasis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pleural effusion and inflammation
- Endoscopy of the bronchial tree and take sample for diagnosis
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Acute inflammation of lungs (pneumonia)
- sleep disorders and upper respiratory diseases.
In addition, the Department of Pulmonary Diseases offers the most important diagnostic and treatment methods including:
- Spirometry and Pulmonary function tests (lung volume and lung capacity).
- Thoracic ultrasound
- Bronchoscopy and biopsy
- Studies of vascular tissues of the lower limbs
- Continuous positive pressure of the airway CPAP
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Oxygen therapy
- Use tubes inside the main trachea and ventilator.