Infection Control Department
It is an independent dept. that directly reports to the highest hospital administrator. It is manned by dynamic, competent & skillful staff in the profession which aimed is to provide quality standard & is essential for the well-being & safety of patients, staff & visitor.
Most Important Services:
- Provide facilities & equipment that make it possible for the staff to maintain good & effective Infection Control Practices.
- Produce standards,( policies & guidelines )for procedures & systems Used within the healthcare setting.
- Implement educational programmers for all hospital staff in the use of such standards.
- Establish surveillance system that can identify problem areas.
- Produce a policy for the prudent use of antibiotics & work to ensure adherence to the policy.
Produce guidelines for cleaning, disinfection & decontamination & work to ensure adherence to those guidelines.